Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Takes so freakin long to learn


Patience. Why does it take so long to learn. Because I am impatient?
How can you learn patience when you are an impatient person?

Am I not suppose to know all the answers in the world because I am a teacher?

Teaching kids takes a lot of patience especially when you have to discipline the children. You have to give them time out's, taking away play time, taking away enjoyable activities. It is hard going, to see them in distress but you know you are trying to make life easier for you and the other children, but also for the children at hand as well. Their better behaviour will learn to better learning for themselves.

I'm not sure if writing this out helps to reinforce my own learning, but it is really helpful to get it off my chest! Imagine when I have my own children!

No comments: