Friday, May 02, 2008

HULK SMASH!!!


Morality is a funny thing. What is the right thing to do?
A lot of people have their own personal morals and they try to live by them. Personal morals are very subjective, it changes from person to person. One person can believe that someone who commits repeated crimes deserves to have another chance, to always see the good in a person. Others will might believe in second chances but once they mess up again, thats it, damnation.


During my psychology classes, I got taught that beliefs do not unnecessarily predict behaviour. To put more simply that just because you think something is true or right, does not necessarily mean you will do what you think is right.

Enchante's personal moral #5: Do not be vindictive.

But what if....WHAT IF....someone infuriates me so much that I want to send them anonymous abusive emails, send some death threats that I will never follow through with. I need justice from an outside source but it will never eventuate. I would like to serve my own justice and become a vigilante but in this circumstance it conflicts with moral #5.

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

(slightly) less cynical said...

There's always http://www.pinstruck.com/ :)

Jon Snow said...

this requires me to know their email.

plus...would this also step over the boundary of being vindictive?