Sunday, May 11, 2008

This is my Boomstick

When kids decide what they want; whether it be food, play or any other activity, sometimes it can take a very long time. I put it down to, children do not have a deep understanding of the activities that they do. They cannot fully appreciate one activity over the other and therefore take a long time to make a decision.

You ask a child, what's your favourite toy at home and most of the time they will not be able to answer you. You will have to ask them to tell you about ONE of their favourite toys.

When adults do this, does this mean they don't have a deep understanding? If they don't, then is it presumable that they are ignorant? or could it be that they have dull senses (the 5 senses). Sometimes when you ask someone, what their favourite music is, and they will answer...'oh i like all kinds of music' or 'as long as it sounds good, I don't mind'. I find it difficult to not have a favourite music artist or favourite movie/cuisine. And because I can decide my favourite's, I can also decide on what I don't like and thus being labeled as 'picky'.

Am I really picky? or do I need to open my senses to like a wider spectrum of things.

Jack of all trades, master of none? and is it really ofttimes better than master of one?

No comments: