Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tomodachi, Amico, Mate

I just watched on Boston Legal, Denny Crane turned down a potential wife because he was not willing to move to another state, because that would have meant leaving Alan. His love for a woman was not greater than his love for his friend, a man.

I've always viewed friendship as such a sacred bond. I treat my friends like family, sometimes perhaps even better than family. It could be because I am an only child, it could be because my family are quite different from me, they are immigrants (now citizens) living in New Zealand, whereas I am a citizen born in New Zealand.

There are many people out there that have many friends. I am not one of those people. I have few friends, but those few friends are very dear to me.

To my friends out there (you know who you are and that includes you sweetie!), I love you all very much.

No comments: