Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ramsay the never

I don't know why, but I love cooking. The prep work, the cooking and the eating. I don't always make great cook and I never cook anything complicated. Simple and tasty. When I am cooking, I would say that I am sort of in a trance, just moving and doing and enjoying the food change in front of my eyes. I'm not exactly sure when I first got into cooking, it can't have been more than 2 years ago, I have an inkling that it was when I first made Spaghetti Bolognese.

Anyways, I had my 2nd go (in about 2 years) at cooking Chicken Pasta in a creamy white wine sauce. The first time I made an absolute muck of it and therefore hadn't tried again. This time it would out quite well except when I simmered the sauce at too high a temperature and the fat separated!

I like sharing recipes so here it is.

Ingredients: (serves 2)
300g Boneless chicken
5-6 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tsp Olive Oil
250ml of Cream
180ml of White wine (any will do)
8g of Plain Flour
1 tsp of Salt
2 tsp of oregano (dried, if you use fresh then as much as you like!)

Prep work:
1) Cut chicken into small pieces
2) dice the garlic
3) whip the cream until it is thick

Cook work:
1) throw in whatever pasta you like to eat with it into a pot (add some olive oil and pinch of salt to water) until al dente
2) heat the oil, throw in garlic, just when it starts to brown throw in the chicken. Cook until the chicken has a nice brown colour (you don't have to move it too much)
3) put the cream/wine/salt/flour/oregano into the pan and simmer at a low heat.
4) once the sauce has be reduced to about 2/5 of the original content, then you are done (or until your desired thickness but thick and gooey is best).
5) drain pasta, add with chicken and your done!

Optional:
6) At the end of part 2, throw in some sliced mushrooms or diced courgettes!

Enjoy

No comments: